Kundalini Global changed my life in truly amazing ways. I would love to show you how it can do the same for you.
I am Sara-Jayne Edwards and I am a Kundalini Global yoga teacher. As well as being a Yoga Alliance certified teacher, I have a further certified training in yoga for the addictive and/or anxious personality.
I am very human: imperfect and unique. Much of my life has been spent living in fear. One of the worst things about that? I didn’t even recognise it. Not for a long time.
I am fiercely passionate about the power of using breath, movement and stretching in radically changing our relationship to ourselves and to the magical, powerful and glorious universe we exist in.
I am also big on sharing the power of intention.
My intention is to share, with an open heart, what has taken my reality from one of fear to one where I feel safe, safe enough, where I am empowered, and where I am free to be me. I aim to do that in a way that is inclusive, dogma-free, and very very fun.
I am Sara, or Sara-Jayne.
Sara-Jayne is the name on my birth certificate. I never really liked or used it much but, somehow, it began to resonate with me on my yoga teacher training.
In my younger years, Sara-Jayne was used only when I was yelled at for being naughty. What I can accept about myself now is that being at least a little bit naughty is part of my nature. A part that can lead to huge fun.
I do love a little mischief.
Online, I currently offer classes in blocks of 5. Each block of 5 classes is recorded. In all of my classes I teach Kundalini Global yoga. Something I am proud of and passionate about.
You can join in at any time to a block that has already begun and gain access to the classes you have missed on sign-up. The recordings are not time limited and are available via private Vimeo showcases.
My online and pre-recorded classes most often come with some ‘real life’ element in the form of something I make to post out to you. Usually affirmation cards but also magazines, bookmarks, and small gifts that compliment the classes. I find that this really helps in aiding the personal touch and a deeper connection online and is an aspect of what I do that I hugely enjoy.
I also offer some of my past series of classes pre-recorded for anyone who likes to do all classes in their own time.
Finally, online, I offer a monthly free class. Always on a Saturday morning toward the end of the month. You can sign up for these classes here. They are a great way to try out Kundalini Global and to see if you like how I teach. I would say how I teach is to share strong practises in a very gentle way.
In person I teach a community class on Monday evenings at Danceforce in Wolverhampton. You can email me if you’d like to find out more about this 1 hour class (19:20-20:20) or contact Naomi at Danceforce directly, who manages bookings. Details here.
I also teach workshops in and around the West Midlands. The best way to hear about them is to make sure you are signed up for my email newsletter and to keep an eye on my website and Instagram. More in-person classes are on the way.
My classes are suitable for all, other than those who are pregnant. You need no experience and nothing other than somewhere to sit and potentially some cushions and/or blankets to keep you comfortable and warm.
Find out more about my current class offerings here:
My current live class offerings:
Access Pre-Recorded Class Recordings:
6 CLASS RECORDINGS + SPECIAL ISSUE OF ZINE + GIFTS: The Art of Changing Your Mind: A Series of 6 Kundalini Global Classes£30.00
RECORDINGS + AFFIRMATION CARDS. Set Your Life on Fire: A Series of 5 Kundalini Global Classes£30.00
RECORDINGS ONLY: A Series of 5 Kundalini Global Yoga Classes. Be Gentle. Be Kind. Be Soft. Be Still.£25.00
Dancing Star is my new, bi-monthly, zine.
I wanted to create a platform for exciting, diverse, voices. I wanted to make change. I wanted to have fun!
A real passion project, brings together yoga, meditation, breath work, neuroscience and much more… I cannot wait to see where this independent publication, that I pour huge love into, takes us. We’ve only just begun…
MY BLOG: A GLIMPSE INSIDE MY LIFE
- Be An Original (And Don’t Be A Dick…)I’m feeling rebellious, inspired and incredibly energised by life right now. I feel electric. I love how creative I am. I am creative. I can affirm that with absolute certainty, needing no reinforcement, praise or… More
- Fingertip Fragility and What a Yoga Teacher ‘Should’ Be Like…Lovely humans I spent last weekend on a campsite in Ditchling on a retreat for yoga teachers. It was very cool. I came back with extremely sore thighs from the potent combination of contorted-tent-bound-sleeping-positions on… More
- Swaying to stillness and the exquisite bliss of longing for…Lovely humans, I’ve been caught up in longing. Longing – a “yearning, eager desire or craving,” It comes from the old English langung a “…weariness, sadness, dejection…” but no definition gets it quite right, for me.… More
- What happens when you stop giving your power away? A Barbie doll massacre, a neon crucifix and gold leaf flakes over all of my life forevermore…Lovely humans I am feeling especially creative. As if I could transform my universe with nothing but an orange felt tip pen and my fertile imagination. As if my fingers leak glitter, birdsong and gold… More
- Dancing Star Issue 2: Out NowHello lovely humans I’m really excited today that, finally, my second issue of Dancing Star is now LIVE. This issue got so long that I had to have it perfect bound so, really, it’s more… More
- Slowing Down Time, Bunny Rabbit Post-Run Euphoria And The Octopus in The Evolution of Intelligent LifeHello lovely humans Over the coming few weeks, as we get to the final two classes in the series of The Art of Changing Your Mind (you can still book on to these classes and… More
- Exciting Times for Kundalini Global and The Power of CommunityKundalini Global Yoga is pioneering, unique and, best of all, it works…
- “This is the great power of the brain, it’s plastic!” and other recent lessons from my life…Hello lovely humans, In just over a week I begin a new series of 5, Tuesday evening, classes called ‘The Art of Changing Your Mind.’ These 90 minute Kundalini Global yoga classes have a specific… More
- Giving Birth to Dancing Star, The Art of Changing Your Mind and The Apps I Use Most for Digital ArtHello lovely humans It’s been a little while. I hope you’re all doing excellently. I’ve had a few weeks off from the majority of my classes and from doing anything on the blog. But I’ve… More
- Exquisite Stillness, My Weird Brain and A Bee at My Yoga Room WindowHello lovely humans I write, today, on a truly beautiful Spring morning. It was a lovely moment to leave the house to do the school run, little hands gripped in mine, and feel the sun… More
- Anne Boleyn Dreaming, Running Like The Wind, Breathing My Way To Stillness and What It Means To Have an Anxious Nature…Hello lovely humans How are we all? If your experience of 2021 has been anything like mine so far it may be that you need cheering up a little… if you do I thought at… More
- Minecraft Massacres, Plaintive Paws and Poems That Melt My Icy Cold Heart: What I Have Been Up To This WeekHello lovely humans It’s exceedingly grey and miserable here in the ever-glamourous Wolverhampton. This feels to me the perfect excuse to stay home and ignore the plaintive sounds of Rebel the Golden Retriever, who sits… More
- Manifesting Cosiness, Getting Creative and Storytelling Through Music, No Matter How Twee… What I Have Been Up To This Week…Hello lovely humans I write to you from my usual Sunday spot, curled up in an armchair, wrapped in blankets with a warm drink within arm’s reach, always. I write my blog in this way… More
- Hell States, Fronted Adverbials, Safety and Beautiful Cephalopods Souls: What I Have Been Up To This WeekHello lovely humans We’re a month in to 2021 and it’s been… an experience(!) already. Lockdown 3, if you’re in the United Kingdom, has really pushed at my buttons. Buttons I wasn’t entirely aware were… More
- Making The Ordinary Sacred What Is Sacred Space? And Do Spaces Have A Gender?At the start of every Kundalini Global class you will most likely, and most definitely in my classes, hear the teacher state that we will begin by opening a sacred space. What does that mean?… More
- 30 Days of Anxiety, Scrolling Slower and Building Lockdown Community OnlineHello lovely humans I am a big advocate for journaling, for writing more generally too. I find it to be a soothing practise and also one that truly aids me in becoming more aware of… More
- Affirmations For Moving Through AnxietyWhen I taught last weekend at This Life Divine we worked with a list of affirmations from my own little library that I have been building and several people have been in touch to ask… More
- A Week of Reflections, Part 3: You Are More Powerful Than You Can ImagineHello lovely humans, As I close my week of posts in which I reflect on some of the many lessons I have learned through 2020, through the journey to becoming a Kundalini Global yoga teacher… More
- A Week of Reflections, Part 2: No! Is a Complete Sentence. The Importance of Boundaries.Hello lovely humans, How are we today? It’s snowing this morning! Heavily. What a gorgeous thing. I woke up today, had a cold shower (much needed) lit a fire, did a magical 6am pranayama class… More
- A Week of Reflections, Part 1: The Courage to Be DislikedHello lovely lovely humans How are we all? My Christmas was the quietest and calmest I can remember. That silence – well, as much silence as you can possibly get in a home that includes… More
- Blossoms, Bones, Divine Life, Divine Trees, Christmas Heaven and a Gift From Me to You: What I Have Been Up To This WeekHappy Sunday lovely humans Before I get to anything else, I would just like to mention that I am offering a free class on Wednesday 30th December at 2.00pm, UK time. A post Christmas gift.… More
- I Am: Grateful! Why Training To Teach Kundalini Global, Is The Best Thing I Have Ever Done…Hello lovely humans So, this week, I finished teaching for the year. I decided I needed a little pause before Christmas, some time for some stillness and reflection before the chaos of having 3 very… More
- Almost Blinded, 12 Foot Trees, Your Magic Brain and Why I May Be Dressed as A Bauble For Days: What I Have Been Up To This WeekLovely lovely humans. I have been neglecting you and I am so sorry! My little life has been a whirlwind in these past three weeks, even more so than usual, and whilst to be busy… More
- A Brand New Brain, Teapot Toucans, The Hair of Dead Loved Ones Woven in To Art and, of course, A LOT of Yoga: What I Have Been Up To This WeekHappy Sunday lovely humans. I greet you as such assuming you are, indeed, all human. Sometimes I do wonder. Let me know! On Friday it was my birthday. Friday the 13th. Very lucky indeed. Do… More
- Lycra-Clad Dance Parties, New Moon Intentions, Hacking The Primitive Brain and The Unsettling Art of Anatomy… What I Have Been Up To This WeekHappy Sunday lovely humans! I am in an exquisite mood today. No particular reason, as such, I just feel as if a LOT of things have shifted energetically over the last few weeks. Do you… More
- Six Foot Skeleton Taxi Adventures, Watermelon Brains and The Courage To Be Disliked: What I Have Been Up To This WeekHello lovely humans Before we get to classes and books and introspection I know many of you are absolutely desperate to know what I ended up dressing up as for Halloween. And I do worry… More
- Pondering My Ability to Supersede a Zombie Orangutan, Coffee over Sleep and The Anatomy of Caress: What I Have Been Up To This WeekI need help! You see, in my house, Halloween is kind of a big deal. Me and my children LOVE it. We have boxes full of decorations that have been collected over the years that… More
MY INSTAGRAM: JOIN ME, IT’S FUN:
Trained in 2020 by the incredible Carolyn Cowan, Sara-Jayne is a passionate, creative and radically inclusive yoga teacher, with a specialism in, and real passion for stretching and breath work as tools in moving through anxiety and addiction.
Sara-Jayne currently teaches classes and workshops online, via Zoom.
Sara-Jayne has undertaken further teacher trainings in yoga for the anxious and addictive personality and in teaching breath practises to reach altered states.
As well as offering regular free classes, Sara-Jayne is passionate about making her classes inclusive and accessible to all and teaches with every body in mind.
Do you have questions about classes or want to get in touch?
You can contact Sara-Jayne via email:
Sara-Jayne is currently based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom.
She has moved around a lot over the years. Many of those years in London and some, too, in Liverpool. A city that will always have her heart.
Sara-Jayne Kundalini: Fun, Dogma-Free, Very Human and Very Kind.