Sharing Tools For Stressed-Out Humans to Help You Take Care of Yourself
I am Sara-Jayne Edwards and I am a Kundalini Global yoga teacher.
As well as my initial, Yoga Alliance certified, training, I have trained further in teaching yoga as a tool in addiction and anxiety recovery, and in depth in working with the breath, which I really love.
I am currently training to teach yoga for pregnancy. I’m excited about that. My pregnancies (I have three children) were pretty tough.
To tell you a little about me and what I offer…
I am messy, creative, chaotic, and I really love what I share in working with the body to help soothe the mind.
Until I was in my mid to late thirties I was really bloody anxious. All the time.
I did lots of things, over the years, to help with that. Naughty things. One of them was drinking too much. Way too much. Another was continually running away. Since putting down a lot of those things, and getting some licensed help instead, I have found the stuff that I teach has been helpful to me to stay sober, stay present, and stay sane. I teach what I teach because I do these things, and benefit from them, myself.
Those things are to do with breath, movement and stretching in interesting (and sometimes weird) ways.
They can help with things like feeling anxious or stressed, or when you are overcoming addiction and, along with your wider support system, would like some tools to turn to when how you feel, or the urge to go back to old behaviour, is tough to manage.
All of what I share, from breath meditations to affirmations, are practises that I believe really do help me to stay in a place where my mind is a bearable (and often pretty cool) place to hang out. I aim to teach in a way that is honest, inclusive, dogma-free, and (hopefully) fun.
I am Sara, or Sara-Jayne.
Sara-Jayne is the name on my birth certificate. I never really liked or used it much but, somehow, it began to resonate with me on my yoga teacher training.
In my younger years, Sara-Jayne was used only when I was yelled at for being naughty. What I can accept about myself now is that being at least a little bit naughty is part of my nature. A part that can lead to huge fun.
I have a very weird brain. It is fast and creative and has caused me all kinds of stress over my life to now. We get on alright now, though. I am passionate about what I do. Fiercely so. I do all I can to make my classes kind, fun, a bit different, and made with as much love and creativity as I can possibly muster.
I love non-human animals, find human animals endlessly fascinating (I’m fascinated by psychology). I read a lot, and adore a little mischief. You can read more about me and my life by clicking this button:
Online, I currently offer classes in blocks of 5. Every class is recorded so you do not have to join live (I love when people do, and many choose to!) In all of my classes I teach Kundalini Global yoga. Something I am proud of and passionate about.
You can join in at any time to a block that has already begun and gain access to the classes you have missed on sign-up. The recordings are not time limited and are available via private Vimeo showcases.
My online and pre-recorded classes most often come with some ‘real life’ element in the form of something I make to post out to you. Usually affirmation cards but also magazines, bookmarks, and small gifts that compliment the classes. I find that this really helps in aiding the personal touch and a deeper connection online and is an aspect of what I do that I hugely enjoy.
I also offer some of my past series of classes pre-recorded for anyone who likes to do all classes in their own time.
I would say how I teach is to share strong practises in a very gentle way.
I also teach workshops in and around the West Midlands. The best way to hear about them is to make sure you are signed up for my email newsletter and to keep an eye on my website and Instagram. More in-person classes are on the way.
My classes are suitable for all, other than those who are pregnant. You need no experience and nothing other than somewhere to sit and potentially some cushions and/or blankets to keep you comfortable and warm.
Find out more about my current class offerings here:
My current live class offerings:
Access Pre-Recorded Classes and Accompanying Gifts:
Recordings and Special Issue of Zine: The Art of Changing Your Mind£30.00
Recordings and Affirmation Cards: Open Your Heart: A Series of 5 Kundalini Global Classes£25.00
Recordings and Affirmation Cards: Intuition£30.00
Recordings and Affirmation Cards: Express Yourself: A Series of 5 Kundalini Global Classes£25.00
Recordings and Affirmation Cards: Harmony£30.00
Recordings and Affirmation Cards: Set Your Life on Fire: A Series of 5 Kundalini Global Classes£30.00
Dancing Star is my new, bi-monthly, zine.
I wanted to create a platform for exciting, diverse, voices. I wanted to make change. I wanted to have fun!
A real passion project, brings together yoga, meditation, breath work, neuroscience and much more… I cannot wait to see where this independent publication, that I pour huge love into, takes us. We’ve only just begun…
MY BLOG: A GLIMPSE INSIDE MY LIFE
- Why do I believe that the yoga, wellness, and spiritual ‘world’ is really scary? And what, on earth, am I doing here?
- A Reader Lives a Thousand Lives Before They Die
- Dear Intuition…
- Everybody’s Free to Put Their Phone Down
- A Pretty Bad Year…?!?
- Why we find it so very hard to choose…
- Be An Original (And Don’t Be A Dick…)
- Fingertip Fragility and What a Yoga Teacher ‘Should’ Be Like…
- Swaying to stillness and the exquisite bliss of longing for…
- What happens when you stop giving your power away? A Barbie doll massacre, a neon crucifix and gold leaf flakes over all of my life forevermore…
- Dancing Star Issue 2: Out Now
- Slowing Down Time, Bunny Rabbit Post-Run Euphoria And The Octopus in The Evolution of Intelligent Life
- Exciting Times for Kundalini Global and The Power of Community
- “This is the great power of the brain, it’s plastic!” and other recent lessons from my life…
- Giving Birth to Dancing Star, The Art of Changing Your Mind and The Apps I Use Most for Digital Art
- Exquisite Stillness, My Weird Brain and A Bee at My Yoga Room Window
- Anne Boleyn Dreaming, Running Like The Wind, Breathing My Way To Stillness and What It Means To Have an Anxious Nature…
- Minecraft Massacres, Plaintive Paws and Poems That Melt My Icy Cold Heart: What I Have Been Up To This Week
- Manifesting Cosiness, Getting Creative and Storytelling Through Music, No Matter How Twee… What I Have Been Up To This Week…
- Hell States, Fronted Adverbials, Safety and Beautiful Cephalopods Souls: What I Have Been Up To This Week
- Making The Ordinary Sacred What Is Sacred Space? And Do Spaces Have A Gender?
- 30 Days of Anxiety, Scrolling Slower and Building Lockdown Community Online
- Affirmations For Moving Through Anxiety
- A Week of Reflections, Part 3: You Are More Powerful Than You Can Imagine
- A Week of Reflections, Part 2: No! Is a Complete Sentence. The Importance of Boundaries.
- A Week of Reflections, Part 1: The Courage to Be Disliked
- Blossoms, Bones, Divine Life, Divine Trees, Christmas Heaven and a Gift From Me to You: What I Have Been Up To This Week
MY INSTAGRAM: JOIN ME, IT’S FUN:
Trained in 2020 by the incredible Carolyn Cowan, Sara-Jayne is an honest, creative and down to earth yoga teacher, with a specialism in, and real passion for stretching and breath work as tools in moving through anxiety and addiction.
Sara-Jayne currently teaches classes and workshops online, via Zoom.
Sara-Jayne has undertaken further teacher trainings in yoga for the anxious and addictive personality and in teaching breath practises.
As well as offering regular free classes, Sara-Jayne is passionate about making her classes inclusive and accessible to all and teaches with every body in mind.
Do you have questions about classes or want to get in touch?
You can contact Sara-Jayne via email:
Sara-Jayne is currently based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom.
She has moved around a lot over the years. Many of those years in London and some, too, in Liverpool. A city that will always have her heart.
Sara-Jayne Kundalini: Fun, Dogma-Free, Very Human and Very Kind.